"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine

Friday, April 21, 2006

This is GOOD....














Kirby forwarded this to me from a listener, it's awesome.

WHY?

Cindy Sheehan asked President Bush, "Why did my son have to die in Iraq?"

Another mother asked President Kennedy, "Why did my son have to die in Vietnam?"

Another mother asked President Truman, "Why did my son have to die in Korea?

Another mother asked President Roosevelt, "Why did my son have to die at Iwo Jima?"

Another mother asked President Wilson, "Why did my son have to die on the battlefield of France?"

Yet another mother asked President Lincoln, "Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?"

And yet another mother asked President Washington, "Why did my son have to die near Valley Forge?"

Then long, long ago, a mother asked, "Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of Jerusalem?"

The answers to all these are similar -- "that others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness and freedom."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a mother of three sons I can't imagine the anguish one must feel at the loss of a son. We must never forget the sacrifice these sons made as well as their families while defending our freedoms some take so for granted every day. I'am thankful for those who have given their all for my country, thereby protecting our freedom and our rights for my sons and me.

9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counters
Domestications Discount Codes